Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Video Redesign  (View post)

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 24, 2005
18 years ago

Playback has improved too. The related videos have so far been very relevant for me (try [mentos and coke]) and you get alternate videos of someone putting mentos in coke under "related". You can view them back to back and you can also view the "popular" and "related" videos back to back or your search results. The player has a new "smooth video" option on the menu with different size options. i cant tell what it does....

As an interesting side note, the closed captioning search (the original intent of Google video) seems to be completely gone (try the queries on the google help page...kinda embarrassing. http://video.google.com/video_help.html)

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, I was wondering about the CC searches. I couldn't seem to find how to search text in the videos. Even before the update, the list of text matches in the video was broken.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

there is also a playlist feature which lets you play videos back to back. but you don't seem to be able to add individual videos to the playlist yet, basically, your playlist can be your search results.

EES [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

you can play the videos from germany!
all you have to do is to use the google web accelerator...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

EES you saved my life!!
Thanks so much. Not only can I now view Google Videos, I can also finally use Google Maps, Google Local, and applications using the Google Maps API!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!