Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Voice slowness?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, July 26, 2009
15 years ago2,687 views

I'm having two issues here.

First is with the Google Voice app for Android itself. Ever since i installed it my phone has been unbearably slow and unresponsive. Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a good system monitor / task manager application i could install to see if it is in fact Google Voice slowing things down or something else?

The other issue is with the service in general. There seems to be a significant delay in conversaion. When i call people, they have to say hellp twice, and when we're having conversations, there is a noticable delay between when one of us says something, and the other hears it.

Surly Teabag [PersonRank 2]

15 years ago #

Google Voice service for me certainly isn't always perfect (occasional line noise and once the sound broke up into digitized-sounding bits), but I haven't experienced the kind of delays that you are talking about. Others have though:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/thread?tid=1cae3ebc08334667&hl=en

The strongest evidence that this is a problem with Google Voice (and not some other link in the chain): "last night i was about 5 minutes into the conversation and then just all of a sudden we heard a "click" on the line and then the delay started to occur."

It sounds like this may be a problem that Google has to fix on a region-by-region basis.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!