Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New MSN Search Goes Live  (View post)

andrew [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, February 1, 2005
19 years ago

I can't believe that no one has made a bigger deal about the fact that you can now receive MSN search results via RSS. Just by adding &format=rss you can get any search in your feed reader; pure gold if you're an SEO/SEM needing easy serps-tracking (you can also use the &count=50 to expand the number returned).

andrew [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

As a follow-up, I'm seeing very large differences in search engine results between the standard format & RSS format.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

MSN Search is now being advertised on UK TV. (I first saw the advert last night some time between 20:00 and 21:00.) It features the MSN butterfly flying across the MSN Search bar (as I've seen happen on www.msn.com at least once). It says something about "a new way to search" and that it's available from MSN.co.uk...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I recently saw a brochure of the new MSN search on the bottom of a train where someone threw it away... it was in German.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Looks like MSN Search are conducting some market research into its popularity and TV advertising.

I just completed this rather lengthy survey after visiting MSN.co.uk and getting a popup asking for my opinion:

http://209.244.156.100/ix/ShowSurvey.asp?id=82104&accessCode=9225885672

(I first got a "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e2f'" error because it attempted to insert a duplicate primary key into the database though... pffft!)

Tony

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I'm not sure I'd fill out a survey when you can't trust the domain... like I can trust www.amazon.com, but I'm not sure I'd trust ...209.244.156.100

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!