Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Sullivan Leaves Search Engine Watch  (View post)

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, August 29, 2006
17 years ago6,983 views

Here's the money quote (literally!):

"I explained these reservations at the very beginning of my relationship with Incisive, that I needed some long-term incentive for helping them continue to grow and strengthen the site and conferences. After over a year of talks, that's failed to materialize. As a result, I'm departing."

Pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

i guess danny just recognized, that working for a company that owns 100% of the things YOU established and not longer participating financially makes it less motivating to stick with it. (which makes perfectly sense)

I wish Danny best luck for the next big thing, he will surely establish.

alek [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Danny's writeup is great – sure, money is a legit issue, but at least for me, a passion came through from him that sounds like he won't be able to continue to feed if he stays. Best wishes Danny!

gary price [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Danny is a wonderful person, a great boss, and as we all know, the guru when it comes to search. Working for him was a pure joy. I share a few thoughts about him here.
http://www.resourceshelf.com/2006/08/29/danny-sullivan-to-leave-search-engine-watch-and-search-engine-strategies/

And yes, Chris (we wrote a book together) is also the VERY best as is Barry who has done an incredible job since I left (it's six months today). I am also honored to call both of them friends first, colleagues second.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Very admirable Gary – "honored to call both of them friends first, colleagues second. "

Its rare that one sees such gracious human behviour in our highly turbulant and cut throat web2.0 envoirnments :)-

I have no doubts that Danny will thrieve where ever he goes – such is the calibare of true a professional!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!