Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Need some help [AdSense policy]

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Monday, November 6, 2006
17 years ago6,171 views

I got an email from AdSense that said they can't deliver ads for my blog (googlesystem.blogspot.com) because it contains Google brand features. The problem is that the URL contains google, which is a trademark.

I agree that their policy states that, but I though it referred to a domain name like googlesystem.com. googlesystem.blogspot.com is just a subdomain. Now I know there are sites (google.blognewschannel.com) that serve Google ads although they have google in their URL, so I was wondering what should I do?

Asking permission from Google (http://www.google.com/permissions/request.html) takes some time, so is there another way to solve this problem?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Do you *know* that the URL's the problem? I notice you've already changed your logo; I would've thought that was more of an issue as it contained an edited version of the Google logo.

17 years ago #

They say:
<<Thanks for your email. As you correctly mentioned, we're unable to display Google ads on a site whose URL contains Google Brand Features. You're welcome to continue showing ads on other sites that comply with our policies. We appreciate your understanding.>>

17 years ago #

For example, why am I allowed to show ads on mysite.GOOGLEpages.com?

And why is it so hard to detect that a site contains google in its URL? An algorithm can do that and refuse to show ads there.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ionut --Does this have anything to do with the disclaimer post that you made ??

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

It took a year for their system to notice this?

I think using this forum might get you in touch with the right people.

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Also, perhaps Mambo could whip you up a new logo if that is a problem?

(No pressure or anything, Mambo, but you are pretty good)

17 years ago #

<<Does this have anything to do with the disclaimer post that you made ?>>

It does, in a subtle way.

<<Also, perhaps Mambo could whip you up a new logo if that is a problem?>>

It would be nice, but I can handle that.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ionut: Ok I hear you on that .. thanks for the feedback.

This may take about 30-90 days for you to resolve (the automated responses is so so yikes!!), –

I hope that someone from Google is listening here and talks pro-active measure to ensure qaulity user expereinces. After all nothing stops the user from signing up to Adcenter or YHOO. At at the end of the day, I just want to dish out ads correct and have some revenue sharing..:)-

Google better smarten up, users are your customers!!

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

A user of AdSense is a suplier of content. Readers are the real customers for Google.

17 years ago #

Actually, advertisers are Google's customers.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Discussion continues here:
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/75033.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!