Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[Meta] Blog Search  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, November 14, 2006
17 years ago3,901 views

[Moved]

Don't like it. No navigation links, too much blank space at the bottom.

17 years ago #

So you've used AdSense for Search. You have to know that you're not allowed to change the code obtained from there.

"Any AdSense ad code, search box code, or referral code must be pasted directly into Web pages without modification. AdSense participants are not allowed to alter any portion of the ad code or change the layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads for any reason."
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=48182&sourceid=aso&subid=ww-ww-et-asui&medium=link&hl=en_US

17 years ago #

Also:
"If You have elected to receive Search Results on any Site(s), You agree that Google will be the exclusive provider of Internet search services on such Site(s)."

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Why not use the Google Co-op driven Custom Search Engine instead?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> No navigation links

Yeah, I wish their app would fit into the 500 pixels space, but unfortunately it doesn't... needs something more in the range of 650 pixels, and that's not even including ads (which I d on't see at the moment)...

> You have to know that you're not allowed to
> change the code obtained from there.

Thanks, I'll ask 'em...

17 years ago #

> Why not use the Google Co-op driven
> Custom Search Engine instead?

There was no specific reason why I picked AdSense for search except that I already had it finished implementing on the site, for the review from a couple of months ago... I will check into other options too, I only know that I won't go back to the SOAP API.
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-08-15-n14.html

17 years ago #

So Google agreed it's totally illegal to temper with the AdSense SiteSearch code... so now I've replaced this with just the Google SiteSearch. And Google Co-op CSE seems to return different results than a site:domain search, even when you include only a dummy word for weighting...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!