Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Approachability, Usability and Accessibility  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 22, 2007
17 years ago5,107 views

Even though I like Gvideo's interface more than YouTube's, the big player is good for long videos (movies, for example), while YouTube's player is better for short clips. The problem is that most people won't watch long videos in a browser for many reasons (it takes too much time, a lot of RAM, and a desktop player has more options to make the experience less cumbersome).

Fibo - Bernard Savonet [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Just a comment not so much on the post content, but on the site: at the bottom of the post, there is a del.icio.us button to post comment. The way it is done is really poor, since it does not connect smartly to Delicious, but rather dumbly, without any pre-filled parameter, even the URL itself!

This creates2 different problems:
- it makes uselessly life difficult for prospective Delicious.er (that's for "customers")
- consequently it is more difficult for the post and the site to get "well-formed" Delicious tags.
I'm not the best developper to put things llike this in place, but I think that the button I have put on some of my blogs (eg: http://alertes-arnaques.blogspot.com/) makes this process lots easier.
B-)) But you have more visitors than me B-((, so you are probably not looking so much at harvesting Delicious tags!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Just a comment not so much on the post content, but on
> the site: at the bottom of the post, there is a del.icio.us button
> to post comment.

At the bottom of which post? URL?

Fibo - Bernard Savonet [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Hi Philip,
Thx for having restablished the link I has ut.
Your del.icio.us button was at the bottom part of the blog page.
   Now, this "bar" is gone and replaced by some other, so I cannot confirm if it was at the bottom of (the general blog home page with lots of posts) or of (this precise post).
(Your current "bottom bar" looks rather empty at this precise moment...)
Cheers

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!