Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Wish List

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Friday, March 16, 2007
17 years ago38,708 views

*ability to rearrange tab sequence on IG.

*add more tabs to IG

*quick compose link on Gmail IG module.

*Gdrive

*reissue old email adds so I can get mine back!

Jordn [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Apart from the GDrive?

A music notation editor. Something akin to Docs. I'm damned serious, too – there are heaps of notation programs for Windows and Mac, but the Linux options are pitiful. What better for musicians and composers than a web-based, cross-platform notation program?

Hell, it wouldn't be uber-popular, but I'm sure there'd be many a grateful musician out there.

Maybe Google Reader integration with Gmail, too.

Dan'l [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Google Mind Mapper

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

A way to search Reader feeds

Formating emails from reader to look the same as it does in reader

integration of reader and gmail

GDrive

Gmail links bar (top left) on all Google services

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, customisable corner bookmarks... now!

John Marshall [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

-Integrate starring in starring in Reader, Groups, and other services with Google Bookmarks.
-Public and Private Google Bookmarks
-Nested Labels for Google Bookmarks on the website(I get them another way :))
-bookmarks+google notebook combined.(I think this might be happening eventually?)

-Built in way to search reader feeds. Till then I use my greasemonkey script.
-Google Reader powered Google news based on starred or shared items.
-Filters in reader. I don't want to have to pass my feeds through another site to filter them.

-Add Mihai's greasemonkey scripts into GMail.

-Gtalk+AIM
-Gtalk client on linux. I like it more than gaim.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

* Some kind of search in Google Reader (just as everyone keeps saying)

* An advanced regular expression search or way to search for special characters for the standard Google Web Search

Brad Wilson [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Gmail-type desktop application... something to replace nasty MS Outlook. It could be used for both GMail but be able to organize other email via POP access. The strengths of Gmail search-ability and groupings of conversations being applied to my work email (not just Gmail) would be well worth having my email text searched and text ads to run on this offline version.

To me this is a win-win for Google, because their ad stream would then include the text of any number of other email addresses.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

A new gmail gadget! It sucks compared to the reader one, or the very swish new gtalk one.

I want to be able to compose, read emails etc. All from the homepage.

xdcc [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Privacy options – no history, no logs, no profile, no email scanning, when something is deleted it's deleted completely [for all services] Essentially when you login, your account settings specify that Google does not record any of your activity if you so choose. I would happily pay for such an option and would use Google for everything.

Encryption – strong encryption for Gmail, Google Talk, and as many services as possible.

Google Hosting – premium web hosting.

Gordhan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

the size of file, while we want to download certain file, at filetype:pdf/doc command

Josef Sábl [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Implement Firefox Microsummaries for Gmail (and Reader maybe), so that you would have number of unread emails visible in the Gmail bookmarks description. Don't know if it is possible :-)

禾草唐楷 [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Add Gtalk widget to blogger.

Ben p [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

-Google Money Manager
-Google Transit for the UK

Kay C [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

First off, I love the new themes for my Google home page! Now I want it on my Gmail page!

Stav [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Options charting in Google Finance

sco [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

the real google.cn

ksm [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Haven't read all the previous posts...so these are probably repeats...

- Integrate Project Management Scheduling (Gant charts, fishbone charts, etc...) into Google's Calander and GMail programs.
- Direct PBS dialing into GTalk (VoIP)
- GTalk into Docs and Spreadsheets
- Online, fully collaborated Presentation Program (like Powerpoint)...
- Work more deals with other software development companies to provide good software products through GooglePack
- If unable to work deals with other companies, then based on a Google concensus, provide a section in GooglePack that indicates what software the majority of Google employees use (for productivity, personal use, etc...) as well as some sort of ranking of products by regular 'ole googlers like myself.
- The stumble plug-in that allows you to identify your interests and then it stumbles to a website that matches your interest...is something that I wish google was doing...instead of the current owners. This type of thing could be tied into advertising results "above and beyond" search and even though I'm searching information about "product x" and Google returns contextual ads.... it would be neat if a separate section of ads (one or two) appear but are not related to the context of the search but instead based on my "stumbling habits)... I'm not expressing this very well, so if someone else gets the idea...please repeat it here.

okay that's too much info...

I'm outa here

Lebowski [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

How about having a status bar for Gmail when uploading files

Safari support for Google Documents

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Been doing a lot of corsework for school in D&S recently and wanted the following features:

In Google Docs:
* Increase font size of selected area one size (eg. different font sizes all go up one)
* When you copy stuff from spreadsheets actually ends up in a table in Docs.
* Upload and Edit PDF files (hoping a bit too much here)
* Actually put Edit HTML as a tab rather than a link

In Spreadsheets:
* Conditional Formating (like in Excel)
* Charts!!!

Mohan Chunkath [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

1. Scheduled delivery of email messages in gmail
2. Full text search of long text files (no 10000 word limit) in google desktop search
3. Google calendar to handle tasks

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Scheduled delivery of email messages in gmail

that's a great idea. and STOPPING THE CONTACT LIST FROM AUTO ADDING NAMES IF I WANT EM IN THERE I'LL ADD EM. ok.

mb [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

Spreadsheets – Solve the Offline Issue

Create an Excel add-in or OpenOffice extension that connects to Google Spreadsheets. Every change made in Excel/OO is updated in Google Spreadsheets, and every change made in Google Spreadsheets is replicated to Excel/OO.

This way, one person can be editing in Excel, and another can be editing in OO, and a third can be editing online, and all see each others changes. I can keep all my formatting and printing config in the client of my choice, and still collaborate with others in real time.

Should be able to define a range in Excel/OO to sync with Google Spreadsheets (not requiring the entire document to be synced). Multiple ranges can sync with multiple Google Spreadsheets. When a cell is changed in Excel/OO, its color will change until the sync is confirmed with the server, and then it will change back so the user can see that the change was committed successfully.

If the network connection drops, it would be cool to track the changes and sync them when the network is available. But this may be too much to ask for version 1.0, so at a minimum alert the user that changes are not being synchronized.

(You know that this is how Microsoft intends to shut down Google Docs and Spreadsheets – by integrating closely with Excel and Word. Why not steal a march on them and get there first – and make it work in OpenOffice at the same time?)

BabakM [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

* GDrive
* Ability to merge google accounts (I have regular Google finance, photo, reader, blah blah accounts, then opened a Google for Domain. I'd like to merge the two accounts).
* How about GBackup? (no sharing etc)
* Video for GTalk
* GHost

Willing to pay for GDrive, GHost and GBackup

Thibault Schalck [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

The ability to display a personnal image in gmail's signature!!
Would be great!!

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It's a bit of a problem though.

Correct me if i'm wrong , but In some filters, it may consider as a spam message.

Eze128 [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

how I enter to google Drive!

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Just Checking what Google has given us in the past 3 months.
----------------------
DONE!!
----------------------
*add more tabs to IG
* Notifications for all calendars in Calendar
*offline accessibility
*Google talk user created chat rooms.
*Google answer to Stumble Upon
* Google Reader Offline (sync with online
* When you copy stuff from spreadsheets actually ends up in a table in Docs.
* Charts!!! (Spreadsheets)

----------------------
Not Quite
----------------------
* Make all google services compatible with Nintendo DS
Well Google Wii-der was close enough

* Real web-wide video search
Nearly there

*offline accessibility
G reader Only (For now)

*Change background color on homepage
Well there's themes now

* More Google Office related stuff
Presently's coming!!!

* integration of reader and gmail
Been done one way

* Geotagging (PWA)
Do the maps count?

Luka [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

* Linux versions of all Google applications (Talk, True Picasa linux version, Desktop with gadgets)

* Gdrive (at least with 500 mb to counter M$ Skydrive)

* Contact Manager

Peter [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Macro tools to automate their web apps? Something like iMacros for Firefox (http://www.iopus.com/imacros/firefox/) but optimized for use with Google apps?

Nelson Antunes [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Google Groups for your domain

Pri [PersonRank 5]

16 years ago #

Phillip is it possible for you to make a poll out of this discussion? For example, the first post included 5 suggestions. Those five suggestions would be added to the poll. The next person could check off any of the 5 suggestions he agrees with OR he could add some of his own which would be included for the next person. As more people post to the poll, you would have instant results for the most popular ideas being posed. What do you say, can it be done/added?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Pri, there was a big feature wish list poll last year, these were the results: http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-08-17-n21.html

Daniel [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Two-way sync for gmail/gapps and blackberry, Yahoo have it!!

Also Blackberry Desktop software supports sync of yahoo calendar and contacts with device, suport for gmail/gapps/gcal be very nice.

Ken [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I would like to search after only some file types in "Images search". Now I have to use the slower ordinary search with operators like filetype:svg OR filetype:eps but without images in the result list. Eg searching after flowers in vector format, it takes some time to browse the results to see good ones.

http://www.google.com/search?q=flower+filetype%3Asvg+OR+filetype%3Aeps+OR+filetype%3Aai

Colin Colehour [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Ken, The advanced search has options to search for specific file formats like jpg, gif, png, and bmp. It would be cool if the formats you are searching for end up as options on the advanced search page.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!