Google Blogoscoped

Forum

orkut added to >>more

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, April 28, 2007
17 years ago5,210 views

Finally Google acknowledges its existence.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You mean lame exsitence..

ZZ [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

yay.. I waited for 3 years to have this acknowlegement.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Really surprise to see all those *new* products.

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Btw, do you knwo if they'll scrap Hello for good one day or integrate it with Google Talk

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hello is not a very well used product, your right Pierre

17 years ago #

Hello is more like a feature that is almost available in Gtalk.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah. I don't really use GTAlk because in Ireland everyone is MSN Messenger/Live Messenger. It's probably the only successful thing from msn

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeah, say goodbye to Hello. They'll just get GTalk to talk to Picasa and have Hello's features in Gtalk and that'll be it.

By adding Orkut to the more page they know that a lot more users will be joining orkut, and they know what orkut sucks so this must mean they've got some huge improvements ahead.

jk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I think they only acquired hello because of the people and the underlying technology

17 years ago #

<< Yeah. I don't really use GTAlk because in Ireland everyone is MSN Messenger/Live Messenger. It's probably the only successful thing from msn >>

Live Messenger is the number 1 IMS here in Israel too. I really love using it, but i use Google Talk as well.

I think it's ashame that people aren't aware enough to Google Talk. It's really neat talking to your friends when you're both using Google Talk, and not just one side. :/

17 years ago #

In Romania, everybody uses Yahoo Messenger (and Yahoo Mail).

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm not sure if this is true but isn't Google Talk overall most popular worldwide?

17 years ago #

Maybe the least popular. From what I remember, MSN is the most popular worldwide, followed by Yahoo Messenger.

<< MSN Messenger has a strong hold over the market thanks to 90 percent reach in Latin America and 70 percent in Europe and Asian Pacific markets. Microsoft's IM client is still neck and neck with AOL Instant Messenger in the United States, however, with Yahoo! Messenger trailing closely behind. >>

[ data from last year – http://www.betanews.com/article/MSN_Messenger_Most_Used_IM_Client/1144778820]

17 years ago #

Yeh I believe Ionut is right here...
MSN is the most popular, and Yahoo! is the second.

Though in Israel it's that true. cause we don't have anything related to Yahoo! in Hebrew. (and the Israeli audience like things in Hebrew.. well i don't, but they do :P)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!